LPN Training in Indiana
To become an LPN in Indiana you will need to:
- Attend a practical nursing program in the United States.
- Complete an application form for licensure. You can get one here. Your application must also include a passport-size photograph and an application fee of $50. The photograph must be sealed with the seal of the nursing school you attended, the signature of the nursing school’s director on the lower front of the photograph, and your signature. The application fee must be in the form of a check or money order that is made payable to the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.
- Register for the NCLEX exam here. The exam fee is $200 and should be paid to the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- The director of the nursing school you attended must sign and send a completed Certificate of Completion form.
- Once you are admitted to take the exam, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the Indiana State Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Indiana earn a mean hourly wage of $18.18 or a mean annual wage of $37,820?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008