LPN Training in Arizona
To become an LPN in Arizona you will need to:
- Attend a nursing school approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and have the Director send a Certificate of Completion to the Board. If you do not become licensed within two years of graduation, you will need to complete a refresher course first. Graduates of out-of-state programs will need their nursing school to send their transcripts to the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Register for the NCLEX-PN exam online here. The exam fee is $200.
- Apply for licensure with the Arizona State Board of Nursing. Your application must include:
- A completed application form. Get one here.
- Your fingerprint results from the Arizona Department of Public Safety and the FBI.
- A check for $350 made out to the Arizona State Board of Nursing. This is $300 for the application fee and $50 for the fingerprint fee.
- Once authorized by the Board to proceed, take and pass the NCLEX-PN exam.
- Receive your license from the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
You can monitor the status of your application here.
Did you know that LPNs in Arizona earn a mean hourly wage of $20.66 or a mean annual wage of $42,980?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008