LPN Training in Wisconsin
How to Become an LPN in Wisconsin
To become an LPN in Wisconsin you will need to:
- Attend an accredited practical nursing program in the United States that has been approved by the Wisconsin Board of Nursing.
- Complete an application form for licensure (Form #738). You can get one here. Your application must include a check for the $68 application fee.
- Your school of nursing must complete and send Form #259 to the Wisconsin Board of Nursing. Download the form at here.
- Register for the NCLEX exam here. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license
Did you know that LPNs in Wisconsin earn a mean hourly wage of $19.55 or a mean annual wage of $40,670?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing
P.O. Box 8935
Madison, WI 53708-8935
1400 E. Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703