How to Become an LPN in West Virginia
To become an LPN in West Virginia you will need to:
- Attend an accredited practical nursing program in the United States.
- Complete an application form for licensure. You can get one at http://www.lpnboard.state.wv.us/examapp.pdf. You must include a passport-size photo that has been signed by you and the director of your nursing school as well as a $75 money order to cover the application fee.
- Request that your nursing school send a set of official transcripts to the West Virginia State Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Register for the NCLEX exam at http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the West Virginia State Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses
Did you know that LPNs in West Virginia earn a mean hourly wage of $15.20 or a mean annual wage of $31,620?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
West Virginia State Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses
101 Dee Drive
Charleston, WV 25311
Phone: (304) 558-3572
Fax: (304) 558-4367