How to Become an LPN in Virginia
To become an LPN in Virginia you will need to:
- Attend an approved practical nursing program in the United States.
- Complete an application form for licensure. You can start the process at https://www.license.dhp.virginia.gov/apply/. The application must include a passport-size photograph that has been signed on the front and then notarized and a $130 application fee.
- Register for the NCLEX exam at http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the Virginia Board of Nursing
Did you know that LPNs in Virginia earn a mean hourly wage of $17.95 or a mean annual wage of $37,330?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Virginia Board of Nursing
Department of Health Professions
9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300
Richmond, Virginia 23233
Phone: (804) 367-4515
Fax: (804) 527-4455