How to Become an LPN in Virginia
To become an LPN in Virginia you will need to:
- Attend an approved practical nursing program in the United States.
- Complete an application form for licensure. You can start the process here. The application must include a passport-size photograph that has been signed on the front and then notarized and a $130 application fee.
- Register for the NCLEX exam here. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the Virginia Board of Nursing
Did you know that LPNs in Virginia earn a mean hourly wage of $17.95 or a mean annual wage of $37,330?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Virginia Board of Nursing
Department of Health Professions
9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300
Richmond, Virginia 23233