LPN Training in Utah
How to Become an LPN in Utah
To become an LPN in Utah you will need to:
- Attend an approved practical nursing program in the United States.
- Complete an application form for licensure. You can get one here. Include the $95 application fee made out to DOPL.
- Submit three fingerprint cards (Form FD-258) to the Utah State Board of Nursing for a criminal background check.
- Request that your nursing school send a set of official transcripts to the Utah State Board of Nursing.
- Register for the NCLEX exam here. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the Utah Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Utah earn a mean hourly wage of $18.17 or a mean annual wage of $37,790?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Utah State Board of Nursing
Heber M. Wells Bldg., 4th Floor
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111