How to Become an LPN/LVN in Texas
To become an LPN/LVN in Texas you will need to:
- Attend a Texas Board of Nursing-approved practical nursing program in the United States.
- Apply for Texas licensure online here. The application fee can be paid by credit card.
- Request that the director of your nursing school complete and send an Affidavit of Graduation for Graduates of Texas Approved Vocational Nursing Programs to the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Request fingerprint cards here. Get fingerprinted and return the cards as directed by the Texas Board of Nursing instructions located here.
- Register for the NCLEX exam here. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the Texas Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Texas earn a mean hourly wage of $18.79 or a mean annual wage of $39,080?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Texas Board of Nursing
333 Guadalupe, Suite 3-460
Austin, TX 78701