How to Become an LPN in Tennessee
To become an LPN in Tennessee you will need to:
- Attend an approved practical nursing program in the United States.
- Complete an application packet for Tennessee licensure. You can request one by calling 532-5166 within Tennessee or 1-800-778-4123.
- Register for the NCLEX exam at http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam. Exam results are available by mail two weeks after the exam date.
- Receive your license from the Tennessee State Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Tennessee earn a mean hourly wage of $17.04 or a mean annual wage of $35,440?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Tennessee State Board of Nursing
227 French Landing, Suite 300
Heritage Place MetroCenter
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: (615) 532-5166
Fax: (615) 741-7899