LPN Training in South Dakota
How to Become an LPN in South Dakota
To become an LPN in South Dakota you will need to:
- Attend an approved practical nursing program in the United States.
- Apply for licensure online here.
- Pay the $100 application fee.
- Request that the nursing school you attended fill out a Certificate of Nursing form and send it to the South Dakota Board of Nursing. Download the form here.
- Request a criminal background check packet from the South Dakota Board of Nursing. With the fingerprint cards, get fingerprinted with a local law enforcement agency and send them to the South Dakota Board of Nursing along with a check or money order for $39.25 made out to the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI).
- Register for the NCLEX exam here. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the South Dakota Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in South Dakota earn a mean hourly wage of $15.66 or a mean annual wage of $32,570?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
South Dakota Board of Nursing
4305 South Louise Ave., Suite 201
Sioux Falls, SD 57106-3115