How to Become an LPN in South Carolina
To become an LPN in South Carolina you will need to:
- Attend an approved practical nursing program in the United States.
- Apply for South Carolina licensure online at https://verify.llronline.com/NewApps/LogIn.aspx?ReturnUrl=/NewApps/CredentialChooser.aspx. The application fee is $77.
- Register for the NCLEX exam at http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the South Carolina State Board of Nursing.
To renew a South Carolina PN license, you must meet continuing competency requirements. Licenses are to be renewed every two years.
Did you know that LPNs in South Carolina earn a mean hourly wage of $17.65 or a mean annual wage of $36,720?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
South Carolina State Board of Nursing
P.O. Box 12367
Columbia, SC 29211
Synergy Business Park, Kingstree Building
110 Centerview Drive, Suite 202
Columbia, SC 29210
Phone: (803) 896-4550
Fax: (803) 896-4525