How to Become an LPN in Mississippi
To become an LPN in Mississippi you will need to:
- Attend a practical nursing program in the United States.
- Complete and sign an application form for licensure. You can get one at http://www.msbn.state.ms.us/pdf/LPNexam09.pdf. Application packages should include a passport-size photo that is signed and dated across the bottom or the side of the photograph, a $60 check made out to the Mississippi Board of Nursing as an application fee, and a notarized Authorization to Release Information form. Send all materials to the Mississippi Board of Nursing.
- Request that your nursing school send a set of official transcripts to the Mississippi Board of Nursing.
- Register for the NCLEX exam at http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/. The exam fee is $200.
- Take and pass the NCLEX exam.
- Receive your license from the Mississippi Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Mississippi earn a mean hourly wage of $16.39 or a mean annual wage of $34,090?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Mississippi Board of Nursing
1935 Lakeland Drive, Suite B
Jackson, MS 39216-5014
Phone: (601) 987-4188
Fax: (601) 364-2352