How to Become an LPN in Minnesota
To become an LPN in Minnesota you will need to:
- Attend a practical nursing program approved by the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
- Apply for Minnesota licensure online at https://www.hlb.state.mn.us/mbn/Portal/DesktopModules/ServiceForm.aspx?svid=6&mid=78. You can also view a licensure application form at https://www.hlb.state.mn.us/mbn/Portal/ServiceForms/LIXLPN.pdf. The application fee is $105 and should be paid via Visa or MasterCard.
- Register for the NCLEX exam at http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to proceed, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the Minnesota Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Minnesota earn a mean hourly wage of $18.68 or a mean annual wage of $38,860?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Minnesota Board of Nursing
2829 University Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Phone: (612) 617-2270
Fax: (612) 617-2190