LPN Training in Maryland
How to Become an LPN in Maryland
To become an LPN in Maryland you will need to:
- Be a high school graduate or hold a GED.
- Attend a practical nursing program approved by the Maryland Board of Nursing, or an equivalent program.
- Apply for Maryland licensure. You can obtain an application form by requesting one here.
- Register for the NCLEX exam at http://www.pearsonvue.com/nclex/. The exam fee is $200.
- Take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the Maryland Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Maryland earn a mean hourly wage of $23.09 or a mean annual wage of $48,030?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Maryland Board of Nursing
4140 Patterson Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21215