How to Become an LPN in Louisiana
To become an LPN in Louisiana you will need to:
- Have good moral character.
- Attend a practical nursing program in the United States that is approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
- Complete an application form for licensure which includes a criminal records check. Send it along with the appropriate application fee to the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
- Get a recommendation by the director of the nursing school you attended as directed by the Board.
- Register for the NCLEX exam here. The exam fee is $200.
- Once you are approved to test, take and pass the exam.
- Receive your license from the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Louisiana earn a mean hourly wage of $17.20 or a mean annual wage of $35,770?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Louisiana State Board of Nursing
17373 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70810