How to Become an LPN in Kentucky
To become an LPN in Kentucky you will need to:
- Attend an LPN program at an approved school of nursing.
- Apply for licensure online here. The licensure application fee is $110.
- If you attended a nursing program outside Kentucky, you will need to request that the nursing school send official transcripts to the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
- Licensure applicants must also apply for a Criminal History Report. The application form can be downloaded here. The report costs $10.
- Register for the NCLEX here.
- Complete and submit a Verification of Completion of the Clinical Internship to the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
- Once authorized to test, take and pass the NCLEX exam.
- Receive your license from the Kentucky Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Kentucky earn a mean hourly wage of $17.24 or a mean annual wage of $35,850?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Kentucky Board of Nursing
312 Whittington Parkway, Suite 300
Louisville, KY 40222