How to Become an LPN in Kansas
To become an LPN in Kansas you will need to:
- Attend a Kansas State Board of Nursing-approved school or a nursing school with similar requirements.
- Complete and send a licensure application form to the Kansas State Board of Nursing. You can obtain an application form here. The completed application form must be signed in front of a notary public. The application must also include a passport-size photo and the corresponding application fee.
- Request that official transcripts from the nursing school you attended are sent to the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- Register for the NCLEX here/. The exam is by appointment only and costs $200.
- Once authorized to test, take and pass the NCLEX exam.
- Receive your license from the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Kansas earn a mean hourly wage of $17.20 or a mean annual wage of $35,780?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008
Kansas State Board of Nursing
Landon State Office Building
900 S.W. Jackson, Suite 1051
Topeka, KS 66612