LPN Training in Illinois
To become an LPN in Illinois you will need to:
- Attend a nursing program approved by a state board of nursing.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Apply for licensure. You can apply online here or with a paper application by mail. The fee is $88.
- Request that your nursing school send a set of official transcripts directly to the Illinois Board of Nursing. In addition, an ED-NUR document must be completed and sent to the Board by the director of your nursing school. The document must have a school seal on it.
- Once you are approved to test, register for and pass the NCLEX-PN exam. The exam fee is $200.
- Receive your license from the Illinois Board of Nursing.
Did you know that LPNs in Illinois earn a mean hourly wage of $19.89 or a mean annual wage of $41,370?
*Salary data from U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2008